In school this term we have done a huge amount of work to develop our remote learning offer. Some of you will have already had some experience of this and Google classroom if your child’s class bubble has been required to self-isolate. As we approach the holiday and the uncertainty of what the new term will bring, we are sharing our Remote Learning Policy with you so that you can know what to expect. To help with this we have included a brief summary of the policy below. The entire policy is also on the website, so please do have a look at this too.
What to expect
- Each week a timetable of the week’s learning will be uploaded to your child’s Google Classroom page. The timetable will include 3 lessons a day including Maths, English and one other, either R.E. or a foundation subject eg History Geography etc. A Joe Wicks’ P.E session will also be included on the time table to ensure children are staying active during their isolation period.
- At 9:00am each day, lessons will available for you to access. Children are to complete the work and submit it by the date/time provided by the teacher.
- You can submit work either by completing the online document created by a teacher, or completing the work in the home-learning book provided and simply taking a picture of it and uploading it to the appropriate assignment.
- Teachers will be available to answer any queries about the learning throughout the day. Specific times that they will be contactable will be stated on the weekly timetable.
- Teachers will make a record of work completed by the children and you will be notified of any outstanding pieces of work.
- Teachers will host a weekly wellbeing call on Google chat the time of this will also be given on the timetable.
- All children will be required to complete all three lessons each day unless they are unwell. If they are unwell, please notify the school office before 9am.
- The school SENDco will provide weekly catch up calls to parents whose children have an EHCP plan to ensure that children are accessing work set for them by and provide any additional support. The Designated Safeguarding Lead will also contact the parents of children who are vulnerable or known to Children’s Services on a weekly basis.
All children have their Google Classroom login, however if you any trouble logging in or have any questions about the policy itself, please contact the school office.